cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Remote restart of host computer through gotomypc

What do I have to do to be sure that I can remotely restart my host computer (running windows 10) through gotomypc and then be connected with gotomypc so that I can unlock my host computer and open browser and applications?

5 REPLIES 5
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Remote start of host computer through gotomypc

@ldcpc  I believe the only plan that offers remote restart / reconnect currently is our Corporate variation.  If you are on this type of account, and Shared Access enabled, then you can reboot and reconnect to your Host computer on demand.

New Contributor

Thanks, AshC. I am a sole practitioner attorney so I only need access to one PC and suspect that the price of a Corporate plan would be too expensive for me - plus I only need access for me to my one PC. Is there no other way to set up Shared Access through my plan?

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@ldcpc  I apologize, this feature is not currently offered on personal GoToMyPC subscriptions.

Although the LMI Pro services are more advanced (usually for groups of users) it does offer the ability to reboot remotely if you need it:  https://documentation.logmein.com/webhelp/EN/Pro/LogMeIn/t_host_compman_reboot.html

The pricing between the services may vary.  Should you decide to make the switch from one service to another, we can help you in Customer Support.

New Contributor

To clarify - can I do a remote restart  rather than a remote start through gotomypc? I currently am connected to my host computer through gotomypc and want to restart it and then unlock the computer. Am I able to do that? I do not need to start the computer remotely - just restart it.  Thank you.

LogMeIn Contributor

@ldcpc I'm afraid your account type does not have the feature set to automatically restart and reconnect, however there are ways you may bypass the login youself-- https://www.auslogics.com/en/articles/how-to-set-auto-login-in-windows-10/