cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Logmein says computer is offline when it's not

I'm trying to install LogMeIn Free on one of my laptops and the setup is telling me the following:

Your computer is offline.

Sorry, LogMeIn requires an Internet conneciton. Please check your network.

You can complete LogMeIn setup when your computer has gone online again.

The computer DEFINITELY is connected to the internet. Dropbox is syncing and I can browse the internet.

Windows Firewall is off, OS is XP.  Any ideas?

Edit: Also, I've tried both a wired and a wireless network connection. I've also successfully installed and used LogMeIn Free on a Windows 7 box on the same network.

10 REPLIES 10
New Contributor

Re: Logmein says computer is offline when it's not

Hi There

Got the exact same issue but using windows 7....Anybody seen this before or know how to fix it

Cheers

New Contributor

Hey,

I also have the same problem for my Win7 computer. For XP and Win8, I have setup the software with the same internet connection, but for Win7, it doesn't work.

Please help.

yigit

New Contributor

Hey guys,

I was just having the same issue.  Here is how I fixed it:

1) Uninstall LogMeIn.

2) Restart.

3) Rerun the installer .msi file except this time, chose Custom/Advanced install whatever it is called.

Didn't really do anything special in these menus (I don't use a Proxy or anything) but it worked this way when it didn't work with the normal install.

New Contributor

The advanced method does not help. I have uninstalled and reinstalled off clean reboots twice now and Firewall is turned off etc. When I select advanced it requires a proxy. I cannot not get past the proxy settings no matter what I try but I do not have a proxy connection but I do deff have an internet connection.
New Contributor

try to disable SSLV1 and SSLv2 in internet explorer and leave just TLS

New Contributor

I found the problem to be my Eset firewall. Try disabling it and try LogMeIn again. If that works, put your firewall in learning / interactive mode to automatically create rules to allow LogMeIn to punch through the firewall.

New Contributor

This can be caused by various issues. If reinstalling didnt fix it then the most likely culptri is your Internet Explorer settings: security too tight, reluctant cookies, or changes caused by antivirus products. And this is regardless of whether its your default browser.

1. Reset Internet Explorer to defaults, including deleting personal info. Export favorites and cookies before doing the reset if you really need them.

And if that doesnt work:

2. Check your antivirus app firewall for blocks

Hope this helps

New Contributor

Had same issue with LogMeIn Client. Go to Services-locate LogMeIn service-restart the service. When I did this, LogMeIn came back online and I was able to check for updates.

UNL
New Contributor

In my case, it has something to do with ESET (antivirus). I just put default settings back on ESET, and problem is solved.