New Contributor

Mac screen reverts back to original resolution, while working from a lower resolution Windows client

Hi there,

I've come across something that boggles my mind completely. I normally log in on a 2010 iMac (latest OSX) from a windows 10 PC. The normal screen resolution for this iMac is 2560x1600. The client I log in from is a current Windows 10 machine, but with a lower resolution 4:3 monitor (1600x1200). So, when I log in, the iMac switches to 1600x1200 to accomodate the client computer, just like I want it to be. But, somehow, during a session, the iMac will revert back to its native resolution of 2560x1600. That will show me a shrunken version of the total iMac desktop on my windows 10 screen, which I find unworkable.

I'm probably doing something simple wrong, with just a setting to be changed, but I cannot find it, nor can I find similar issues through Google.

Anyone with tips? Lessons to be learned? Would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks,

Thierry

LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Mac screen reverts back to original resolution, while working from a lower resolution Windows cl

Hello,

You may have already tried this, but are you familiar with the resolution settings in the Remote Control Toolbar? You can change the resolution of a remote session by going to these settings – they are found in the Remote Control Toolbar under “Options” > “Resolution Settings” dropdown.

Thanks!

Dylan

Dylan is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.
Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a star with the Kudos button.
Need more help? Search the knowledge base or contact Customer Care.